Friday, February 15, 2013

The Cracker Barrel in Florida City: avoid it if you have asthma

So I have been making huge progress with my battle with severe asthma but this afternoon despite the monsoon we have going on near the Keys I decided to stop in at what was -I stress was- one of my favorite local eating establishments the Cracker Barrel. They are allowing people to stand just outside their door smoking cigarettes. An old lady blew that smoke in my face triggering a severe asthma attack. With peak flow meter in hand, I could not sit down for lunch and had to make a hasty exit. One of their female clerks was notified of the problem but acted like she did not care. They have ashtrays right up by the door which is a violation of the local ordinances. What good is a smoking ban when you have to walk the gauntlet to get into the front door and the smoke enters the building each time the door is opened.  I will be reporting this to the health department. There is a valid reason why smoking has been banned at public places because it is a serious threat to public health. If they cannot be bothered with my health or anybody else's, then they will now longer be getting my business or my generous tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Annamarie Ricci's Miami Fashion Blogger. Please note that all comments are moderated and no comment spam will be published.